At Absolute Containers we manufacture and install modular buildings. We specialize in turnkey solutions. Our product and solutions are tailored for quick and efficient construction and aesthetically good looking buildings. All our modular buildings are energy efficient, supplied in a kit form and mostly flat packed. Our product is ideal for mining camps, schools, clinics, offices, accommodation units and for the low cost housing sector. We guarantee a quality building for any of your requirements.
Modular buildings are sectional prefabricated buildings, or houses, that consist of multiple sections called modules. "Modular" is a method of construction differing from other methods of building. The module sections are constructed at an off-site (sometimes, remote) facility, then delivered to the intended site of use.
Modular buildings, also called prefabricated homes or precision built homes, are built to the same or higher building standards as on-site stick-built homes. The building method is referred to as permanent modular construction.
Modular homes are built the same and considered the same as a stick built home. Material for stick built and modular homes are the same. Modular homes are not doublewides or mobile homes. First, modular homes do not have axles or a metal frame, meaning that they are typically transported to their site by means of flat-bed trucks. Secondly, modular buildings must conform to all local building codes for their proposed use, while doublewides and mobile homes have metal under framing.
Modular buildings are argued to have advantages over conventional buildings, for a variety of reasons we have a few advantages of using modular buildings below.
- Speed of construction/faster return on investment. Modular construction allows for the building and the site work to be completed simultaneously. According to some materials, this can reduce the overall completion schedule by as much as 50%. This also reduces labour, financing and supervision costs. To save even more time and money, nearly all design and engineering disciplines are part of the manufacturing process. Also unique to modular construction is the ability to simultaneously construct a building's floors, walls, ceilings, rafters, and roofs.
- Indoor construction. Assembly is independent of weather, which can increase work efficiency and avoids damaged building material.
- Ability to service remote locations. Particularly in countries in which potential markets may be located far from industrial centres, such as Australia, there can be much higher costs to build a site-built house in a remote area or an area experiencing a construction boom such as mining towns.
- Environmentally friendly construction process. Modular construction reduces waste and site disturbance compared to site-built structures.
- Flexibility. One can continually add to a modular building, including creating high rises. When the needs change, modular buildings can be disassembled and the modules relocated or refurbished for their next use reducing the demand for raw materials and minimizing the amount of energy expended to create a building to meet the new need. In essence, the entire building can be recycled in some cases.
If you are looking for a quality modular building for a specialised use or for your home or office space give our team a call and we will offer the perfect modular solution.